Thursday 6 September 2012

Progress is more Beautiful than Perfection!

Hello

This week has been going really well so far! 

Two very exciting things have happened to make my life more juicy and joyful!

Firstly I have started a new bedtime routine with my baby which has had miraculous results; I had been struggling away each night spending an hour putting my baby to bed and then breast feeding her up to about nine times throughout night, it was really beginning to wear me out! However the other day a friend explained a way I had not heard of before where one does not have to leave the baby to cry to get her to sleep, hallelujah! I cried and immediately went home to try it! Quite frankly I'm stunned by the results, it is a sweet and gentle way to put a baby to bed, tonight being our third night I actually really enjoyed bed time! Thank you Universe! Thank you Zoe! (my wise friend, mother of five, who told me the method and helped me to have the confidence to try!). Astonishingly my baby also slept eight hours straight, breast fed and then went straight back to sleep until morning! Hooray! 

How wonderful! What a life changing event that was for me, it almost feels too easy, which makes me laugh! Why shouldn't life be easy? Life can be easy and life can be beautiful! The first night I tried the new method I had to be extremely patient, I had to sit calmly and quietly, I gave lots of cuddles and kisses and I experienced the feeing of really knowing that I was doing the right thing for the right reasons for both me and my baby. What a relief! 

Secondly I am thoroughly enjoying the work I have started, I am writing a kind of hand book from my blog! At the moment I am reading through and making notes on each and every blog post I have written, starting from the very beginning. At first I thought it might be a rather laborious task, I had even been putting it off, but it turns out I am absolutely loving every minute of it. I love my own writing! and not only that but it seems that I actually wrote a lot of really great advice for little old me, lots of which I had totally forgotten about. 

Revisiting my blog has rekindled the enthusiasm which was blossoming when I started out on my adventure! All the learning and experimenting with thought techniques seems to be starting to consolidate in my mind and now positive thought patterns appear to be coming to me in a rather automatic way, and by that I mean unprompted and effortlessly. In the past I had to be determined and will-ful in order to persuade, cajole and guide my thoughts into better feeling places! 

At times it was effortless (so it says in my blog!) but now it seems to be a rather predominant behaviour of my thoughts to look for the positive in situations and I am loving it! 

Progress, progress, progress! All I am looking for is progress (even tiny fairy footsteps will satisfy me) not perfection! Progress is delicious, delightful and wonderfully pleasing! 

So here I am today, I am proud of my writings, I am impressed by something I have done, I don't mind that it is unfinished and I don't mind that I have a lot of work left to do! I have a delicious feeling of enthusiasm and I simply can't wait to get cracking with my work! ..........

Today I have Loving Gratitude for my blog posts old and new
I have Loving Gratitude for the moment when my baby saw the moon in the sky and asked me to get it down! 
I have Loving Gratitude for the sleep which is coming my way later on
I have Loving Gratitude for enthusiastic feelings
I have Loving Gratitude for the cycle of the seasons
I have Loving Gratitude for change
I have Loving Gratitude for the sharing of information amongst the human family
I have Loving Gratitude for babies for being so incredibly sweet
I have Loving Gratitude for my baby's trusting nature
I have Loving Gratitude for my life! 

love Klara. 




No comments:

Post a Comment