Saturday 21 April 2012

From Seed To Sunflower.

Good Morning


I have just noticed how dusty my room is! Well it is spring here in the Northern hemisphere, so it must be about time for a good old clear out. I have always enjoyed shaking things up, cleaning off the dust, throwing out the old junk that no longer serves me and making a fresh start with everything that remains.......


Springtime is a time of fresh growth, the time of rebirth and fertility, flowers bloom, fledgelings take flight, new dreams and plans begin to bud. 


Sometimes I imagine how it would be if we were all suddenly to stop gardening the natural world, what would happen if tomorrow we let nature run wild again? I like to think of the park outside my house, the grass growing taller and taller until it finally flowers.....
How would it be after a week, a month a year, ten years? I love to see the controlled, trained coiffured places and imagine succession until eventually there is nothing but woods. 


To me ideas can grow in the same kind of way, if I allowed my ideas and creations to grow unchecked how would they develop in a week, in a month, a year, ten years?


What do I mean exactly? I believe my ideas and inspirations come from the Divine, "Here" says the Divine with a loving smile "take this delicate seed and see what you can grow with it." So I take the seed and I plant it and water it and watch it germinate, and I do believe that it would grow into a magnificent forest if only I could learn how to allow it to. 


You see I think that ideas are very much like the grass in the park, just when it begins to get long and luscious along comes the attendant with his mower and cuts it short (which of course is good for all the people who want to use the park, but that is not my point right now). To me the mowing is akin to the impatience which I feel when my ideas and creations have not yet come to fruition. I find waiting difficult, I would love to say I find it easy, I have mastered patience! Well I have in some ways, I have learnt to not open the oven door to check the cake before the point when it will sink in the middle! 


So how long should I wait for my plans to come to fruition before I become impatient? Should I even become impatient? How long is a piece of string? How long does it take for a forest to grow from a field of grass?


I have had a tendency in the past to give up just before the idea may have come to fruition, I remember listening to Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Women Who Run With The Wolves) talking about this very idea, and surprise surprise it is all about maintaining focus! 
Focus is one of the most important manoeuvres our minds can make! Estes used the story of the little match girl as an analogy for how people frequently dream up the life that they want but are unable to maintain the focus to move beyond the germination stages of their plans. 


I don't have the answers, but I know it is a bit like mowing the grass just before it flowers or opening the oven door too soon, you loose all the heat which built up and the cake flops. Impatience is a bit like an antidote for creation. 


I don't know how long it takes for a forest to grow, several lifetimes probably! so in this life I'd like my plans to blossom sooner rather than later, I just need to keep the oven door shut. I have in mind right now an image of the Earth with a sunken top! 


Back here I find myself, in the spring time my creative seeds germinating with the flowers, there is so much to learn on my mission, Focus, Focus, Focus......










Today I have Loving Gratitude for seeds
I have Loving Gratitude for Sunflowers
I have Loving Gratitude for the morning dew
I have Loving Gratitude for my fiddle
I have Loving Gratitude for the first daisies of Springtime
I have Loving Gratitude for caves
I have Loving Gratitude for stalactites and stalagmites
I have Loving Gratitude for new horizons
I have Loving Gratitude for adventures
I have Loving Gratitude for analogies


love Klara. 



No comments:

Post a Comment